Help and Frequently Asked Questions
User Guide (1)
Getting Started (7)
- How do I upload my Excel spreadsheet?
- How do I create a chart for a my web site or blog?
- How do I secure a private chart to my own web site?
- How do I create a public chart with manually entered data?
- How do I publish my chart to the ChartChannel?
- How do I add a chart from a press release to my web site or blog?
- How to add a Chart to a Wordpress blog?
Loading Spreadsheet Data (9)
- What are the various ways of uploading data?
- What preparation is required to load Excel and Google spreadsheets?
- What if I am using formulas in my spreadsheet?
- How do I load data from my Google spreadsheet?
- What preparation is required for uploading data files from external sources?
- How do I manually input data for a chart?
- How do I update my Excel spreadsheet dataset? Do I need to save and embed the chart again?
- What if I just need to make a minor change to my data and I don't need to re-upload my Excel spreadsheet?
- I have more complex data - does iCharts have other solutions to meet our needs?
Connecting to your data source with Data API (3)
Loading Survey Data (1)
Loading SurveyMonkey Data (9)
- What is iCharts for SurveyMonkey? When should I use it?
- Do all SurveyMonkey users have access to iCharts' data upload tool?
- What are the high-level features available if I use iCharts?
- How do I load SurveyMonkey data to create my charts?
- How many SurveyMonkey files can I load?
- How many respondents can be there in the file?
- I don’t use SurveyMonkey. Can I still use iCharts for my survey data?
- Can I update an existing SurveyMonkey dataset?
- How do I update my SurveyMonkey dataset?
Creating Charts (14)
- How do I create a chart?
- What type of charts can I create?
- What is a category or measure axis?
- How do I change the sort order on the chart?
- How do I add comments and annotation in the chart?
- How do I create a different chart from the same dataset?
- How do I view and edit the other charts from the same dataset?
- What is a free form chart?
- What are the features of a public interactive chart?
- Can the interactive menu be displayed in other languages?
- How do I change the interactive features on my chart?
- What is an embed code? Is it SEO optimized?
- How do I optimize the SEO of my web site with my chart?
- How do I provide explicit authorship?
Creating Charts from Survey Data (9)
- How do I create charts from survey data?
- What calculation options are available for survey data?
- How do I cross-tab a chart?
- What are filters? When should I choose to use them?
- Can I include the filters within the chart?
- We got more responses after creating the charts, do we need to re-create the chart?
- There is a difference in the mean calculation in the chart vs the average shown by SurveyMonkey. Why is that?
- Can a chart display a warning if the base size is low?
- I have an ongoing survey or a tracking survey. Do charts update automatically?
Formatting a Chart (7)
- What formatting options are available?
- How do I change the look and feel of my chart?
- How do I brand my charts?
- Can I add other content to the chart?
- What is the data range slider?
- Can I use the data range slider to zoom into a specific range within my data while I am building my chart but hide the scrollbar from the public?
- How do I remove the data range slider from my chart?
Design Templates (6)
- What options are available for sharing my chart?
- How does sharing with other iCharts users work?
- What is a Personal, Public, and Private chart?
- How do I publish my chart to the ChartChannel and improve my SEO?
- How do I post my chart to my web site or blog?
- Can a chart on my site be re-embedded to another site?
- How can my website or blog visitors print the chart or save the chart to their PPT/PDF document?
- How do I post a chart to my social network?
- How do I download an image of my chart?
- I found an interesting chart on a website - Can I add it to my iCharts Gallery?
- Can I save a chart as PDF format?
- What is a ChartBook?
- How do I compose a ChartBook?
- How do I customize the layout of a ChartBook page? What are columns?
- How do I brand my ChartBooks?
- How do I share ChartBooks with other users?
- Can I send the direct link to the ChartBook?
- What can a ChartBook viewer do?
- Can a viewer download the ChartBook?
- I see a chart on someone else’s web site that I want to put in my ChartBook. Can I use theirs too?