Everybody loves stuffed animals. They are cute, soft and cuddly. As such, stuffed animals are the perfect toys for your children. Babies can hug them, while toddlers can carry them around and play with their favorite friends.
Also, toys like stuff animals are known to increase children’s creativity. However, even though they look nice and feel soft, we still have to be careful when picking the stuffed animals for our children. If you are wondering which are the things you should bear in mind when buying toys like these, read the following article.
1. Go for the short fur for young babies. Usually the recommended length of the stuffed animals’ fur is a few centimeters. Especially think about this if you are buying the toy for a baby. There is a possibility for the fur to fall off, and the baby can swallow the piece of fur. This is the reason why you should be careful about the length of the fur.
2. Check the stitching. By the rule, stitches on the stuffed animals must be strong, because certain parts of the toy, such as eyes, can potentially be dangerous if they are detached from the toy. Therefore, you should always check the stitches before buying the toy.
3. No electronic module. Even though some toys include production of the fun sound and light effects, they are not recommended for babies.
4. Think about the color of the toy. The colors of toys should be baby-friendly. If they are not, babies can be in danger because they like to put toys in their mouth.
5. Remove the toy during the sleep time. Babies should not sleep with stuffed animals because there is the risk that the toy may roll over and hurt the baby. Also, keep in mind that these toys are allowed in the crib when the baby is 18 months old and can sleep with a pillow. The best place to play with toys is play area where you can supervise.
Also, if you are considering buying toys for your child, you can read the following list, containing 15 ideas for the best stuffed animals:
1. Ebba Lil Benny Phant
This toy is characterized by the adorable face, and it is placed in the sitting position. Primarily, it is consisted of the plush fabric, and other soft materials.
2. Melissa & Doug Penguin Giant Stuffed Animal
This stuffed animal is in the sanding position, and it represents a penguin. The fabric it is made of is polyester; therefore it is more than soft and comfortable for hugging. The colors used to make this toy are suitable, and resemble the real-life penguin.
3. Ebba Loppy Giraffe Stuffed Animal
The best thing about this stuffed animal is the lack of plastic parts. Everything is soft and more than safe for your child to play with. It also makes sounds when pressed, but the mechanism is stitched deeply into the belly of the toy, so it is safe for usage.
4. Wild Republic Cuddlekin Sloth Stuffed Animal
The fur of this toy is of high quality. Due to its size, this toy is perfectly designed for toddlers. Also, it is huggable since the arms of the stuffed animal are long enough to be wrapped around the toddler.
5. Marsjoy Green Stuffed Dinosaur Plush Stuffed Animal
This toy is stuffed with the polypropylene cotton, and it can stand on its own because it has four legs. Therefore, it is perfect for your children, since it stimulates their creativity.
6. Fisher-Price Soothe & Glow Seahorse
This seahorse toy can produce light and sounds. The electronic module is placed into the toy’s belly, and parents can switch it off, or even control the volume of it.
7. Infloatables Llama Stuffed Animal
The Infloatables Llama comes with a blanket of his own, as well as a birth certificate to be filled in. Also, the high quality materials were used to create this toy. Therefore, it is the best present for any child.
8. Gund Philbin Teddy Bear Stuffed Animal
Everybody’s childhood was marked by a teddy bear! This stuffed animal is both for babies and toddlers, since it comes in two sizes: 12 and 18 inches. Also, the child can hug it and carry it around.
9. Gund Nayla Cockapoo Dog Stuffed Animal
This toy is designed in such a way that it resembles the Cockapoo. Also, the materials used are fluffy and soft, perfect for hugging. Another amazing thing about this toy is the fact that the eyes are strongly stitched, and therefore it is perfectly safe your children.
10. Gund Baby Animated Flappy The Elephant Plush Toy
This toy represents an elephant. It is gray, and it has the ability to play pick-a-boo. When pressed on the foot, the ears of the elephant cover its eyes. Also, the eyes and claws are not plastic, but embroidered.
11. Jellycat Bashful Beige Bunny Stuffed Animal
This stuffed animal can be bought in seven sizes: from 5 to 50 inches. It is soft and perfect for hugs. The material used for the creation of this toy is polyester.
12. Melissa & Doug Burrow Bunny Rabbit
This rabbit stuffed animal has realistic eyes and nose, and therefore resembles a real-life rabbit. Also, it has the most adorable ears, which can be used for playing peek-a-boo with a baby. When it comes to its fabric, it is made from polyester.
13. Baby Gund My First Teddy Bear Stuffed Animal
This teddy bear is machine washable and therefore easy for maintenance. Also, the material used is the flush.
14. EpicKids Penguin Plush Stuffed Animal
With its size of 5 inches, this toy is made for babies. Also, there are no plastic parts, so it completely safe for babies.
15. Aurora World Miyoni Fawn Stuffed Animal
This animal is in a seated position. Also, it is a realistic representation of a fawn due to its realistic fur and colors.