In this 21st century, it is impossible to think of our lives without a computer. Computers have changed our lives and made it easy and fast. If you have basic computer knowledge, then you might be knowing that there are several ports on it. Among all these ports, one of the most used ones is the USB port.
It is one of the most used ports on our computer and laptop used for file and data transfer. USB devices can connect and transfer digital data over USB cables.
There are different types of USB ports, which are as follows.
USB Type A
It is the oldest and also the most popular type of USB standard. In most of the USB cables, you will see it. It is found in the hosting devices such as a desktop or a laptop. You might also find it in media players and gaming consoles.
USB Type B
USB B will be seen at the other end of the cable. The one which we plug into our smartphones is this one only.
USB Type C
This USB C was first seen in Apple’s 12-inch Macbook. It is actually similar to the Micro-B USB variant.
Recently, many users are complaining about the Power surge error on the USB port popping up at the time of connecting the USB drive. Users have asked Technographx for its solution so we have brought for you the methods to fix this problem.
If you are also facing the Power Surge On USB Port Windows 10 error then no need to worry, better continue reading and look for the solutions.
Solution 1: You have to Run The Hardware Troubleshooter
- First of all, open the Troubleshooter by typing troubleshoot in the run box.
- Select the Troubleshoot on the top result, and then you have to scroll down on the right pane of the pop-up window.
- Now, click on Hardware and Devices and then click on Run the troubleshooter.
- You will see some instructions, just read them and follow them
Now, check what is the status of the problem, whether it gets solved or not. If not, then head on to the next solution.
Solution 2: Reinstall All Your USB Controller Drivers
Such a problem may also occur due to the installation of the wrong drivers on the system. The problem can be fixed by uninstalling the existing drivers and installing new drivers. Let us have a look at the steps for doing so.
- Unplug your USB device from Windows 10 first of all.
- Now, you have to open the quick-access menu by pressing the Windows logo key and X together.
- Now, open Device Manager by clicking it.
- Now, you have to Double-click Universal Serial Bus controllers.
- Now, you have to right-click on your USB controllers one by one to choose the Uninstall device.
- Now, you have to Reboot your Windows 10 computer. Microsoft will reinstall the USB controllers software.
- Now, connect your USB with the system and check whether the problem got fixed or not. Move on to the next solution if the error still exists.
Solution 3: Update all your USB Controller Drivers
Look for this final solution if the above methods don’t work. You have to update all your USB controller drivers to the latest version. You can update the drivers manually or automatically.
Manual driver update –
Go to your computer manufacturer’s website for doing this task manually. Now, search for the most recent correct driver over here. Look for the drivers that are compatible with your Windows version and select them to add them.
If this task seems complicated for you or you don’t have the time for doing it, then also no need to worry, you can for the next option, automatic option.
Automatic driver update –
This method is best suitable for you if you don’t have patience, time, and skills to update your USB controller drivers manually. There are many softwares available for doing this task; you can use them.
This software will automatically recognize your system and find the correct drivers for you so no hassle for you. The exact drivers for your system will get installed according to your Windows version.
So, these were the solutions for fixing this problem. Follow the steps correctly and check whether the problem gets solved or not. To know more about the Power Surge On The USB Port Windows 10 problem, follow Technographx!