Food safety is crucial to maintaining people’s health. If the proper analysis is not done, there will be consequences. Now, technological improvements have made it accessible for researchers to do it. Microfluidic technology is the best for looking for sensing impurities in food. In this article, we will focus on the same and provide you with its advantages. So, keep reading it till the end.
The technology used in various industries will continue to grow in the future. The Food industry is also benefiting a lot from the same. Microfluidic technology helps in the better detection of contaminated substances. It is also a time-saving procedure. The researchers can also use multiple features to improve the overall function. There is less scope for making mistakes, which is an important thing.
As the popularity of microfluidics is increasing, many platforms provide these services. You will find numerous ones that can help detect everything wrong with the food. So, companies can rely on them. They will also provide them with the reports. You can visit axivend.com to know more about microfluidics and their purpose in the food industry.
Let’s discuss microfluidics’ benefits to the food industry without further ado.
Why does microfluidics play a significant role in the food industry?
The food everyone eats should be good enough to consume. We mean that it should be free from any pollutants, harmful metals, and other contaminated substances. Otherwise, there is a risk of getting various diseases. People are now concerned about the same. That is why they always prefer those items from the market that are branded and have gone through the analysis.
Food safety and security are necessary to keep the citizens of a country healthy. Microfluidics technology is the future of the world that contributes to safety and security. Here are some benefits of using it in the industry:
• Quick and easy detection: A regular person can’t look for toxic substances with bare eyes in the foodstuff. But with the help of a microfluidic chip, it is possible. It has become much easier to conduct the process. The researchers don’t even need to put in so much effort for it, and the results will be there within a short period.
It is an automatic procedure that doesn’t require more people to operate. One needs to understand a few functions to begin the process of detection. So, everything will be done in no time. That is why this technology is considered the best for the food industry.
When technology wasn’t that advanced, it was challenging for people to conduct research. But it improved, and now they can complete the process without difficulties.
• Low-cost method: One thing that many people don’t know about this technology is that it is cost-effective. Many people have a misconception regarding the same. But you will be surprised to know that there is no better method at such a low cost.
Microfluidics is made to provide low-cost benefits to the food industry. Researchers don’t need expensive tools and materials to perform the studies. That is why the food industry is dependent on the same.
• Strong detection power: If we talk about the detection power of microfluidics, it is pretty impressive. It doesn’t matter what type of substance is in the foodstuff. The chip will find it out during the procedure. In this way, the companies can grow their business by providing safe foodstuff to the people.
The best thing about the microfluidic method is that everything is done smoothly without problems. The issues that might occur are usually more minor than you imagine. So, it is suitable for the entire food industry.
• Pesticide residue detection: Pesticide residue is the most common substance in vegetables and fruits. It should be removed as it will be responsible for transferring infections and diseases. These include diarrhea, asthma, cancer, and more. Many studies have found that the number of people suffering from these diseases increases with time. Every year, the people affected by pesticides suffer from these harmful illnesses.
The entire detection process was time-consuming, expensive, and complex for researchers. However, new developments like microfluidics have now changed the system. Researchers can now perform the analysis without any significant issues or problems. The procedure is also straightforward to learn, even for beginners.
Pesticide residue is not easy to find in the foodstuffs. It can only be possible with better and more advanced technology like microfluidic. Nobody can beat the same in terms of pesticide residue detection. Crop production will also improve if everyone uses this method.
• Help find pathogenic bacteria: Pathogenic bacteria is responsible for causing food poisoning. That is why it is necessary to remove it from the food. There have been many cases where people consumed foodstuffs with pathogenic bacteria. So, conducting proper research and analysis is crucial to prevent such conditions.
The microfluidic method is suitable for detecting pathogenic bacteria in food. Other methods might not provide you with accurate results. It is because they are not built with advanced technology.
You will be surprised to know that it can find pathogenic bacteria, even in a low quantity. The samples after the procedures show this thing. That is the best feature of using this procedure in the food industry.
With proper detection of pathogenic bacteria, people can trust the items they consume without any worries. The number of people that might suffer from harmful diseases will also decrease as time goes by.
• Easily detect heavy metal: Heavy metal is another substance in most foodstuffs. So, it is necessary to conduct research regarding the same. Heavy metals in food can create many issues within the body. Although many metals are already present in the food, there should be a proper concentration. Microfluidics technology is helpful in such conditions. It quickly finds if there is any heavy metal present in the foodstuffs. It has now become more convenient for researchers to complete the analysis.
The Bottom Line
We hope you have understood everything about microfluidics and its importance in the food industry. It is one of the best inventions of all time that will also help in the future.