There is no doubt that every component built into the computer is extremely important for its operation, but the motherboard is especially important when it comes to performance. First of all, the processor platform depends on this component, as some prefer AMD while others Intel platform.
In addition to the processor, which is very important when it comes to jobs such as video editing or gaming, the number of RAM slots and other things that significantly affect performance are also important.
For example, while the motherboard doesn’t appear to directly affect PC performance when gaming, it is incorrect because the quality component provides stability for the entire system.
This is crucial when it comes to longevity because no one wants its computer to break down. Also, there are different sizes of motherboards because the Mini ITX, ATX or Micro ATX are not the same. Therefore, it is necessary to choose wisely and of course in accordance with the budget.
Top RGB Motherboards in 2023
In today’s article, we have decided to present you the best RGB motherboard that are intended for gaming as one of the most demanding operations you can do on your computer, but also for any other job.
Also, you will find different types of motherboards (Mini ITX, ATX or Micro ATX) in the list as well as different prices, so it is impossible not to find the right one. Well, if you’re ready, let’s get started.
1. ASRock B450M PRO4 MicroATX Motherboard – Editor’s Pick
We start with the ASRock B450M PRO4 motherboard that belongs to MicroATX. When it comes to the platform, this PC component supports AMD Ryzen processors and has an AM4 socket.
This means that with this motherboard, you will have the opportunity to build high-end computer where you can play all the latest titles in the gaming industry. As for RAM, you can upgrade it to a maximum of 64GB of DDR4 type memory. As for the additional slots, there are USB 3.1 1st and 2nd generation as well as three PCI-E slots.
Also, we must mention that Realtek ALC892 audio driver is installed. When it comes to pricing, the ASRock B450M PRO4 is a pretty affordable motherboard that will bring you a lot. You can find it on Amazon for about $70.
2. ASUS TUF Z390-Plus Gaming Motherboard
Another high-quality gaming component comes to us from ASUS and it is their ATX type TUF Z390-Plus motherboard. This motherboard has Intel processor platform and supports eighth and ninth generation units compatible with the LGA 1151 socket. You can also add up to 64GB of DDR4 RAM, which will be enough for smooth gaming.
USB 3.1 1st and 2nd generation as well as 6 PCI-E slots are there for quick connectivity and adding a graphics card. When it comes to audio drivers, this motherboard has an 8-Channel HD Realtek S1200A one. Of course, we mustn’t forget the Gamer’s Guardian that you can use to overclock the processor and ASUS Aura Sync for a full gaming experience with RGB lightning.
The current price of the ASUS TUF Z390-Plus is just over $150, which puts it among the best budget gaming components of this type.
3. Gigabyte X470 AORUS Gaming 5 ATX Wi-Fi Motherboard
As you can see from the name of this motherboard, this is another ATX type one. As with all previous devices, this one can be upgraded with 64GB DDR4 RAM. As far as platform is concerned, the X470 AORUS supports AMD Ryzen and Athlon processors that are compatible with the AM4 socket.
Also, for the additional features, there are 5 PCI-E slots, and we must mention the USB 3.1 2nd generation as well as the Realtek ALC1220-VB audio driver. All in all, the Gigabyte X470 AORUS will give you a quality gaming experience for just $185 price tag on Amazon.
4. Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Ultra Gaming Motherboard
Another ATX motherboard from Gigabyte is the Z370 AORUS. Like the previous components we talked about, this one also supports upgrade to 64GB DDR4 RAM, has USB 3.1 1st and 2nd generation and 6 PCI-E slots.
The difference with the previous Gigabyte motherboard is that this one is designed for 8th generation Intel Core processors with LGA 1151 socket.
This means that if you have i3, i5, and i7 processors, you will be able to use this motherboard. Interesting features include Wi-Fi connectivity, UEFI BIOS and RGB Fusion technology to create a fantastic gaming atmosphere. The current price on Amazon is around $160.
5. ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero ATX Motherboard
When you see any ASUS ROG component, you can be absolutely sure that it is a high-quality gaming product. When you add the fantastic AMD Ryzen and Athlon processors for the AM4 socket to this, it is impossible not to get a high-end computer.
Also, this motherboard supports up to 64GB of DDR4 RAM and has as many as 7 PCI-E slots. In addition, there is the ROG SupremeFX audio driver and the AURA RGB lighting that is characteristic of ROG. The current price on Amazon is $190.
Read Also: Best Case For Watercooling
6. MSI Z170A Gaming M5 ATX Motherboard
In addition to the well-known names we have mentioned so far, such as Asus, Gigabyte, ASRock, the list lacks MSI as one of the highest quality components manufacturers for computers. Their ATX Z170A Gaming M5 motherboard definitely doesn’t deviate from the quality standard.
As for slots, this motherboard has 7 PCI-E ones, USB 3.1 port, as well as those for upgrading RAM to 64GB DDR4. The platform is designed for the 6th generation Intel Pentium and Celeron processors with LGA 1151 socket. Of particular interest are the VR Ready and VR Boost technologies that are there for enhanced gaming. You can get all this for just $230 on Amazon.
7. ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I Gaming Mini-ITX Motherboard
The first Mini ITX motherboard on the list comes from ASUS and belongs to ROG, which means it’s specifically designed for gaming. The platform is designed for 8th and 9th generation Intel Core processors. Also, it is possible to expand DDR4 type RAM up to 64GB. Only one PCI-E slot is available.
For the perfect gaming experience, there’s ROG SupremeFX as well as fantastic RGB lighting. Currently, the ASUS ROG Strix Z390-I is among the best Mini ITX motherboards available on the market, and its price tag is about $200.
8. MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon ATX Motherboard
Definitely one of the most expensive motherboards on our list is the MSI X299 Gaming Pro Carbon. It’s available for ordering on Amazon for just under $300, but you’ll get more than with previous models. For example, it is possible to upgrade RAM DDR4 up to 128GB. You also have USB 3.1 2nd generation as well as 6 PCI-E slots.
The platform is designed for Intel Core X processors, which means you’ll have fantastic components for gaming setup. To enhance the gaming experience, there’s Nahimic 2 Technology for audio driver and great RGB lighting.
9. ASUS TUF X299 Mark 1 Motherboard
Last but not least motherboard is another Asus product from their TUF series that is also intended for gaming. Like the previous component we talked about, the Asus TUF X299 Mark 1 also has a platform for 7th generation Intel Core X processors and is capable of upgrading DDR4 type RAM up to a maximum of 128GB.
This motherboard belongs to the ATX type, has USB 3.1 1st and 2nd generation, Realtek S1220A audio driver as well as 5 PCI-E slots. The price on Amazon is also around $300, more specifically $310 at the time of writing this text. Although it has a higher price, you also get a 3 or 5-year warranty, which is fantastic.
Here are some other great options:
- Intel LGA 1200 socket: Designed to unleash the maximum performance of 11th Gen Intel Core processors.Wireless & Bluetooth: 2x2 Tri-Band Intel Wi-Fi a/b/g/n/ac/ax/az + BT5.2
- AI Motherboard : AI Overclocking, AI cooling, AI networking and AI noise cancelation
- Robust Power Solution: 14plus2 power stages with ProCool II power connector, high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors to support multi-core processors
- Optimized Thermal Design: VRM and aluminum I/O heatsink, L-shaped heatpipe, Triple onboard M.2 heatsinks, including an M.2 backplate for improved cooling for PCIe 4.0 M.2 slot
- High-performance Gaming Networking: On-board Intel WiFi 6E AX210 and dual Intel 2.5 Gb Ethernet with ASUS LANGuard
- AMD AM4 Socket and PCIe 4. 0: The perfect pairing for Zen 3 Ryzen 5000 & 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen CPUs.Audio: Supports up to 32-Bit/192kHz playback
- Robust Power Design: 12plus2 DrMOS power stages with high-quality alloy chokes and durable capacitors provide reliable power for the last AMD high-count-core CPUs
- Optimized Thermal Solution: Fanless VRM and chipset heatsinks with ASUS Stack Cool 3plus design keep your system running reliably under heavy load by enhancing passive cooling capacity for critical onboard components.
- High-performance Gaming Networking: 2. 5 Gb LAN with ASUS LANGuard
- Best Gaming Connectivity: Supports HDMI 2. 1(4Kat60HZ) and DisplayPort 1. 2 output, featuring dual M. 2 slots (NVMe SSD)—one with PCIe 4. 0 x4 connectivity, USB 3. 2 Gen 2 Type-C port and Thunderbolt 3 header
- Intel LGA 1200 Socket: Designed to unleash the maximum performance of 11th Gen Intel Core processors
- AI Motherboard : AI overclocking, AI cooling and AI noise cancelation
- Enhanced Power Solution: 14plus2 DrMOS power stages, ProCool sockets, alloy chokes and durable capacitors for stable power delivery in the most demanding situations
- Comprehensive Cooling: VRM heatsink, PCH heatsink, hybrid fan headers and Fan Xpert 4 utility
- Boosted Memory Performance: Careful routing of traces and vias, plus ground layer optimizations to preserve signal integrity for improved memory overclocking with ASUS OptiMem II
- Supports AMD 3rd Gen Ryzen and 3rd Gen Ryzen with Radeon Graphics Processors.Operating System: Support for Windows 11 64-bit. Support for Windows 10 64-bit
- Dual Channel ECC/ Non-ECC Unbuffered DDR4, 4 DIMMs. Backward compatible with Multi-Gig (10/100/1000/2500Mbps)of RJ-45 ethernet
- 10 plus 2 Phases Digital Twin Power Design with 50A DrMOS
- Advanced Thermal Design with Enlarged VRM Heatsinks
- Ultra Durable PCIe 4.0 Ready x16 Slot
- Supports 9th i9-9900K, i7-9700K, i5-9600K and 8th Generation Intel Core / Pentium Gold / Celeron processors for LGA 1151 socket
- Supports dual channel ddr4 memory, up to 4400(oc) MHz
- Turbo M.2: PCI-E gen3 x4 interfACe maximizes performance for NVME SSDS
- Core boost, 8+4 pin CPU power connector, ddr4 boost
- Built for reliable operation
- Intel LGA 1200 socket: Designed to unleash the maximum performance of 11th Gen Intel Core processors
- AI Motherboard : AI overclocking, AI cooling, AI networking and AI noise cancelation
- Robust Power Solution: 14 plus 2 teamed power stages rated for 90 Amps, ProCool II power connectors, MicroFine alloy chokes and 10K Japanese-made black metallic capacitors
- Optimized Thermal Design: Enlarged VRM heatsinks plus integrated aluminum I/O cover, high-conductivity thermal pad, quad M.2 heatsinks with embedded backplates and ROG Water-Cooling Zone
- High-Performance Networking: Onboard WiFi 6E (802.11ax), dual Intel 2.5 Gb Ethernet and ASUS LANGaurd
- Supports 10th Generation Intel Core / Pentium Gold / Celeron Processors for LGA 1200 socket.Audio ports (Rear): 5 plus Optical S/PDIF (Realtek ALC1200 Codec)
- Supports dual channel DDR4 memory up to 128GB (4800MHz)
- Lightning USB 20G is powered by the ASmedia 3241 USB 3.2 Gen 2x2 controller, offering never before seen USB speeds up to 20Gb/s from the Rear USB Type-C port
- Twin Turbo M.2 with M.2 Shield Frozr delivers transfer speeds of up to 32 GB/s for ultra-fast SSDs
- On-board 2.5G LAN plus Gigabit LAN with with Wi-Fi 6 (802.11ax).Pre-installed I/O Shielding for convenience and protection from electrostatic discharge
- Supports 1st, 2nd and 3rd Gen AMD Ryzen/ Ryzen with Radeon Vega Graphics and 2nd Gen AMD Ryzen with Radeon graphics/ Athlon with Radeon Vega Graphics desktop processors for socket AM4.Audio ports (Rear): Realtek ALC892 Codec
- Supports DDR4 memory, up to 4133(OC) MHz
- Extended heatsink design: MSI extended PWM heatsink and enhanced circuit design ensures even high-end processors to run in full speed.
- Lightning fast game experience: 1x turbo M.2, amd turbo USB 3.2 gen2, store mi technology
- Core boost: With premium layout and digital power design to support more cores and provide better performance.
- Country Of Origin : China
- Slots: 3X Pci-Express 3.0 X16 Slots (One Runs At X8, One Runs At X4), 3X Pci Express 2. 0 X16 Slots (Run At X4), 1X Pci Express 2. 0 X1 Slot
- Multi-Graphics: Supports Amd Quad Crossfire And Crossfire Technology. Os - Microsoft Windows 10 64-Bit
- Audio: Realtek Alc892 7. 1-Channel High Definition Audio Codec With Content Protection