Discord is a VoIP, instant chat, and content distribution platform. Voice calls, video calls, text messaging, media, and files are used to link users in private discussions or as part of “servers.” Servers are a collection of ongoing chat rooms and audio communication channels accessible via invitation links. It’s compatible with Windows, Mac OS X, Android, iOS, iPad OS, Linux, and web browsers. The platform now has around 350 million registered members and 150 million monthly active users so far since 2023. Discord, a popular group-chatting tool, was initially created to provide a space for gamers to form communities and communicate.
Discord already has many great features, so there’s not much you’d want to add. The software is simple to use and adaptable. Even if you don’t have much to offer, you can improve your experience by adding some bots to your server. If you’re aware about discord bots, you’re absolutely sure that the finest Discord bots should be installed on your server.
What Are Discord Bots?
Discord bots are utilities that can enhance the server’s functioning and create an entertaining community. They’re artificial intelligence bots that can automate work on your server. Bots can be added to a server just like any other player and given certain rights. Bots are capable of doing a wide range of tasks. You can use them to welcome new members to the channel by sending them a message, or to monitor a user’s behaviour. A Discord bot is a bot that operates exclusively on Discord and provides you with additional functionality than a regular user. The coolest part is that you can create your own Bot and programme it to do anything you want. Discord bots help manage your server more accessible while also increasing user engagement with their numerous capabilities. Bots for server management, humour, music, entertainment, gaming, and more are all accessible on Discord.
How To Add Discord Bots?
Adding Discord bots to a server is simplistic. To add a bot, you must have access to invite people to your server.
- You can choose one from the list of Discord Bots available online. Press ‘View’ to get to the bot’s page. And then from the drop-down option, choose ‘Invite.’
- Select the server to which you wish to add the Bot, approve it, and complete the captcha verification in the following steps. You should now be able to discover the bot on your server when you open Discord.
In most cases, the ‘Invite’ button should be visible in the Discord bot list itself, so you won’t need to go to the bot website. In the list for some of the most popular bots, you’ll find the ‘View’ button. If you know the bot’s website, you can go there instead of going to the Bot list.
How To Remove A Bot From Discord?
If you believe a bot isn’t contributing much value to your server, you can easily remove it. It’s easy to do if you follow these steps:
- Locate the Bot in the list of members on the right side of the screen on your Discord server.
- Here, select ‘Kick <bot name>’ from the context menu by right-clicking on the bot’s name.
- You can opt to provide a reason for triggering the next popup, but it’s not required, and considering that it’s a bot, it’s probably best to leave it blank. Press the ‘Kick’ button next.
- Now the Bot will be removed from your server. Of course, you have the option of inviting the bot back on the server.
Bots can only be removed from a server by owners, admins, and members with the ability to kick users. Admins can decide whether or not to provide this privilege to other users.
How To Develop A Discord Bot?
- To get started, go to the Discord Developer Portal.
- Give your application a name by clicking “New Application.”
- Click “Add a bot” under the “Bot” tab.
- Copy your Bot’s unique token (which functions similarly to a password).
- Create an invite URL to invite the Bot to join your server.
- Select whatever permissions you wish to provide the Bot.
- Copy and paste the URL of your Bot into your browser, then choose the server to which you wish to add it.
- Finally to authorise, click the authorise button.
Discord Bots – Actions And Controls
Bots have a set of instructions they can execute, which you can find by visiting the bot’s website. There are several differences in the syntax for giving orders amongst bots. To evoke the desired response, a suitable prefix is required. If you want to restrict the bot’s capabilities, go to ‘Server Settings’ –> ‘Roles’ and change the permissions.
How To Use Bot Commands?
It’s not challenging to use Discord commands. All you have to do is type your command into the server’s text area. Some commands are auto-suggested after only pressing the slash (/) key, while others need you to input the complete command explicitly. Use a variety of Discord commands to handle a variety of circumstances and challenges while using the app. You can also utilise commands to have a good time with your server’s participants.
Why Should You Only Add The Best Discord Bots?
It’s critical to understand how to employ a bot and which ones to include. A bot, when utilised correctly, can transform the user experience. However, if you add the incorrect ones to your server, you risk entirely spoiling the experience. Members could be pushed off the server as a result of this. You can pick and choose the bots to add that are most appropriate for your server from the list at https://discordbotlist.com.
Discord bots can help you improve your marketing, especially if you have a membership or subscription-based business. Bots can also be used for gaming or just relaxing with your server participants. You’ll be able to keep your members interested in your brand and what you have to say by creating an engaging and exciting atmosphere for them.