You might perhaps know that something’s wrong with your skin by just looking at it. But you might not know why the problem occurred in the first place. Be it severe acne, pimples, skin allergy, rashes or any other kind of inflammation, topical creams and steroids may work temporarily. But what if the issue recurs?
The spiteful cycle will not end without addressing the problem from the roots. Homeopathy can help you do that. It has a wide range of homeopathic medicines to treat skin allergy, rashes and other skin diseases. Keep reading to find out how homeopathy skin treatment is the best solution.
How does homeopathy work?
The principle that drives homeopathic treatment is “like cures like”. Homeopathic treatment stimulates your immune system so that it heals your body naturally. This means that if your immune system knows how to deal with skin problems, the chances are high that those will not persist.
Let’s take a look at the homeopathic medicines for skin problems.
- Sulphur: A study on 42 patients with atopic dermatitis found that in 60% of the cases, the patients responded positively to Sulphur treatment. (Source: NCBI) Apart from this, Sulphur is also used to treat bedsores, acne, boils, ringworm, itching and irritation.
- Graphites: Samuel Hahnemann, the German doctor, first used this remedy to treat severe eczema along with other skin problems. Since then, Graphites have been successfully administered for a wide range of skin problems such as eczema, skin fissures and thick skin or scars. A study proved that using Graphites helped improve the symptoms of atopic dermatitis to a great extent. (Source: Indian Journal of Research in Homeopathy (IJRH))
- Natrum Muriaticum: This homeopathic medicine is the best remedy to control acne vulgaris. It can also be used to control blisters and rashes.
- Cantharis: This is a beneficial homeopathic medicine for minor skin burns and blisters. It relieves pain and promotes healing.
- Ranunculus Bulbosus: This homeopathic medicine is used to treat eczema, itching and chapped palms and fingertips.
- Hepar Sulphuris: Do your injuries heal slowly? If yes, Hepar Sulphuris (or Hepar Sulph) can be the homeopathic remedy for you. It is effective for cracked skin or eczema, acne, cold sores and painful abscesses.
- Nitricum Acidum: This homeopathic remedy is very effective in treating warts and skin lesions. It has also demonstrated efficacy in treating ulcers that bleed easily, cracks and skin fissures.
- Oleander: This is prepared from the extracts of Nerium oleander. The extracts comprise high levels of antioxidants. These protect the skin cells and help to reduce oxidative stress. This medicine has been used for its antibacterial, antifungal, antiviral and antioxidative benefits since many years. Oleander is effective in treating eczema and psoriasis. It is also beneficial in treating food allergies.
- Kali Muriaticum: It is a very effective homeopathic remedy to treat eczema. You can use Kali Muriaticum to manage acne, burns and warts.
- Sepia Officinalis: Sepia is often prescribed for painful skin issues. Sepia can be used for treating eczema, hyperpigmentation, ringworm, stye and warts.
- Rhus Toxicodendron: This homeopathic medicine can be used for treating skin issues such as eczema and dermatitis. It relieves itching, burning sensation and pain caused by skin diseases.
- Psorinum: It is a very potent remedy for a range of skin issues and is pretty effective in treating allergy, dermatitis and eczema. It helps in treating vitiligo, a condition marked by progressive discoloration of the skin.
- Thuja: It treats warts, acne and age spots. It has special antibacterial properties that treat the blackheads and acne.
- Note: Do NOT use any of the medicines without consulting a homeopathy doctor. He or she will guide you about the dosage and the way to use the medicine for treating your skin problem.
Homeopathy treatment extends beyond the physical symptoms. Homeopathy also addresses the fundamental emotional triggers like stress and depression that are seen in patients with skin problems. Therefore, homeopathy treatment goes a step further and works towards re-integrating the patient to a normal and better quality of life.
If you have skin problems, you can book an appointment with an expert homeopathy doctor here https://www.drbatras.com/skin-treatment-at-dr-batras. Even though homeopathy takes more time to show results, it assures long-term relief with zero side-effects.
- Follow a good daily skincare routine
It is important to take good care of your skin every day. You should wash your face in the morning and in the evening and after sweating severely. Use a gentle, non-abrasive, alcohol-free cleanser and lukewarm water. You should put moisturizer on your face two times a day. If you cannot find a moisturizer that contains SPF, make sure to apply sunscreen separately to your face. You need to do this every day, irrespective of spending a lot of time outside. Even just a little bit of sun exposure can damage your skin.
- Find the right skincare products
You need to find products that will work best for your exact skin type. Examine your skin and determine if your skin is normal, oily, dry or a combination of dry and oily. If your skin is sensitive (easily irritated), you’ll want to look for cleansers and moisturizers that are specially formulated to be gentler on skin.
- Eat right
Your diet is the component of your lifestyle that can actually have the most impact on your skin. Making sure that you eat right can considerably improve the feel and appearance of your skin.
- Stay hydrated
Drinking sufficient water is significant for your overall health. And it is also vital to keep your skin healthy.
- Get some rest
Lack of sleep has some very damaging effects on your skin. If you are not getting enough rest, your face will display it. Lack of sleep can make existing skin problems even worse. It’s advised to get at least 7 hours of sleep each night. If you have trouble sleeping, shut down all electronics (including your mobile) an hour before you get into bed. Your brain needs time to relax. And the blue light emitted by electronic devices can interfere with the production of the hormones that make you sleepy. Also, avoid eating a large meal less than two hours before you plan to get into bed.
- Be active
Exercise slows the aging process and can actually reverse its effects on your skin. Just ensure to wash your face after sweating!