Let me answer this right away – very. It’s very important. It’s crucial for your business even. It seems weird to think that something so small such as a little blue bird, a yellow “M”, or a bitten apple, could become such a significant thing that is so easily recognizable by anyone in the world. As soon as you see a certain logo, shape, or even just a color (think of the Coca Cola’s red), you instantly connect it to a certain brand. That is what a logo can do for you.
Even if you’re not a fan of a certain brand, your brain is so used to seeing them that it immediately makes connections. Cleverly-made logo can do wonders for a business so it’s not so surprising that every business has one. Well, every serious business.
Benefits of a well-made logo
- It leaves a good first impression. It’s easily recognizable, it’s unique, and it leaves a strong impression so you’re definitely going to remember it the next time you see it. The logo is often the first thing people will see when interacting with your company so it has to be memorable and speak well of your company.
- It will tell a story about your business. I understand that a half-eaten apple doesn’t speak much about the company Apple, but the way the logo is made, even though it seems quite simple, is professional, creative, and well thought-out and that is what tells you a lot about a company. It can be playful and colorful, or simple, modern, and professional, and some really good examples you can find on Designhill. Both options are good and the choice depends solely on your product and the message you’re trying to send.
- It draws attention to your brand. Logos are extremely valuable when it comes to advertising and marketing. If it’s unique and professional, it will draw the attention of the customers and can even be another way to separate yourself from the competition. Competition is fierce in many markets and having something that will make you stand out is crucial if you want to stay relevant. A good logo can help a lot.
While some people have trouble learning the correct pronunciation of some foreign brands such as Yves Saint Laurent (eve san loh-ron) or Givenchy (zhee-von-she), logos are much more customer-friendly.
- It makes you seem professional. Good logo and good packaging will help you promote your business more efficiently and it will make your brand seem more relevant and trustworthy. It’s a fact that people will remember logos better than they will slogans or even the name of the company.
- Brand loyalty. There are a lot of choices people have to make every day. You want to be around people as much as you can which means you need your brand to be easily visible constantly. Once people are used to seeing your brand everywhere, they will tend to buy more of your products than the other brands’. People are simple as just by looking at your brand often will create some sort of trust. Logo can help a lot here. You’re giving them a good product or service and you’re giving them something visual they can connect it to and remember.
Here is a link to my project – https://store.ramotion.com/blog/tech-startup-logos/