In recent times, phishing is found to be the most common tried Internet scam. It can also be called as a social engineering attack with the help of which the phisher tries to steal the important and sensitive data of the user. Apart from that the phisher also plots plan to take the login credential of the user as well as their credit card numbers.
Phishing is actually a process in which the attacker tries to trick the potential victim and take all the necessary sensitive data from in a fraudulent way. In this attack, the attacker actually dupes the user to open an email, instant message or text message.
When the user clicks the link or opens the message it leads to the installation of malware and then it starts revealing the sensitive information from the system. Generally what happens is that the common people cannot discriminate between legitimate and malicious websites or emails.
That is the reason why it is very essential to have an anti-phishing tool in the organization. The information that the user steals not only poses a threat to the user but it can be a great financial risk as well to the organization. In recent years, a lot of devastating phishing attack was already done. That is why it becomes absolutely necessary for anti-phishing software in every organization so that the phisher cannot do any kind of fraudulent activity.
Ways to set an anti-phishing system for preventing a phishing attack
Nowadays there are a lot of sources from where you get adequate information about anti-phishing attack such as Wikipedia anti-phishing. Some valuable news of anti-phishing by phishprotection.com is also published from time to time and you can certainly get enough knowledge from those. Apart from that, you will also get a large number of useful information from Techopedia anti phish source. Moreover, if you want to keep yourself updated with an anti-phishing attack then it is also important to give importance to APWG consumer advice. In this article we have come up with some useful ways by which you can set up the anti-phishing tool in your organization and prevent the phishing attack:
- Using Spam filter: An email generally goes to the spam folder when its validation protocol such as Sender Policy Framework (SPF) and Domain Key Identified Mail (DKIM) fails and hence the spam mail is very risky. That is why it is very essential to configure the spam filter setting both for the Gmail and outlook account. For configuring the spam filter and providing anti-phishing solutions you have to perform the following steps:
- You need to go to the Gmail admin Console
- Choose G Suite from the Apps tab
- Select Setting for Gmail
- Choose Advanced Setting and select Span Setting
Once you do the above step, Gmail will provide you with the option to report spam and phishing email.
- Using multi-factor authentication: Multi-factor authentication is another very effective anti-phishing protection. If you have multi-factor authentication process then even if the attacker can manage to get one of your employees to click on the malicious link still you can save your organization to a great extent. That is the reason why it is always advisable to have multi-factor authentication in every organization. For this kind of anti-phishing service you have to maintain the following:
- Password: It is very essential to ensure that you have a mandatory password policy. The password should be long and a combination of character, numbers and alphanumeric symbols.
- Google Authenticator: It provides 2-step verification codes on mobile devices as well as the laptop or desktop. In this process, apart from the password, you will also require a code for signing into account. This code is generated by the Google Authenticator app and thus it provides double authentication process and cannot be easily compromised by the attacker.
- Security code: This is another effective way to prevent attack. In this process, any kind of unauthorized access is prevented as it required a security code set to access the email or text message or a call on the mobile device as well as a laptop or desktop.