India is one of the most visited destinations in Asia. People visit this subcontinent for leisure purposes and to explore its rich heritage. A country quite close to India, Malaysia, is quite keen to visit India. The citizens of Malaysia love to visit the subcontinent for similar food and picturesque landscape. You need to fulfill specific requirements before traveling to a foreign land; obtaining a visa is one of them.
One can travel abroad for various reasons and purposes. There are many Malaysians who visit India for employment, education, health-related journeys, etc. The primary reason why Malaysians visit India is regarding leisure. They flock to India as travelers and tourists. A Malaysian citizen must carry a visa before entering India. Click here to read about the requirement for a Malaysian tourist visa. A few countries need to get a permit to reach Malaysia for leisure travel.
Moreover, Malaysian citizens can get a visa for India through various means. Let us first understand the different types of visas that a Malaysian can be eligible for.
Electronic Visa or eVisa
This visa is the most common type of visa that the Malaysians and the rest of the world citizens obtain for India. An electric or eVisa is generated through an online application. Aspiring travelers can register online to get this visa. The validity of eVisa for India is sixty days or three months. Once you apply for the electronic visa, you will receive the desired document within three to four working days. The process is quick and straightforward. There are further three types of electronic visas for India that a Malaysian can get.
- Tourist eVisa: This is the most frequent visa that people take. The primary purpose of this visa is to enter India as a traveler. You can visit the subcontinent for leisure and travel through all the states within. Maximum applicants want a tourist visa for India as it is quite preferred as a traveling destination.
- Business eVisa: If you are a business person and are working in a firm that is related to India in any case, then the business visa would be the most suitable for you. People who are willing to visit India for a short stay, meetings, visits to a commercial site, etc. can obtain this visa. The requirements, application process and the duration remains the same for this visa.
- Medical eVisa: This is the rarest form of visa that a Malaysian citizen might take. If there is any medical emergency and you visit India for a medical procedure, then definitely go for a medical visa. If you have a relative or friend traveling in India and get admitted to a hospital there, you can also obtain a medical permit for India.
The regular visa for India
The most integral part of this type of visa is that it can last upto ten years. People traveling to migrate permanently in India are the most frequent takers of this visa. If you know that you will have to visit India frequently, you can opt for a permanent visa to save money and time of getting the tourist visa again and again. In short, tourists from Malaysia will apply for the tourist visa, and nonresidential Malaysians will ask for a permanent Indian permit.
How to apply for an Indian visa?
As the name suggests, an eVisa or electronic visa is easily accessible through an online application. Malaysians who are aspiring to enter India can visit the online site of Indian visa application and, by following a few simple steps, can obtain the visa. Here is a list of a few documents that you will need for the process –
- A scanned copy of the passport is mandatory. The applicant must share their passport’s scanned copy of the first and last page. The front page that contains information like the name of the applicant, along with age, is required. Also, the final page that includes the address of the passport holder will be needed for the visa application. The passport must have ample empty pages for the stamps. Moreover, the passport must be valid for six months after the return also. In short, the passport’s expiry date must supersede the visa’s expiry date by three months.
- One passport-sized photograph of the applicant is required. The pictures must be clicked in a white background and preferably have a matte finishing on them. The photograph must not be edited or cropped from some other photo and must be clicked to get a passport-sized picture. It would be best if you had a poker face in the photograph without any fancy lighting. Make sure the photo is in color format and not black and white. You may use a previously clicked scanned image if it fulfills the requirements.
- A working Email ID. After you complete the application process, the visa will be shared on the Email ID that you provide. Therefore, you must give an Email ID that is working and is valid. Cross-check the spellings of the ID as it is quite essential.
- Some necessary documents are also needed for obtaining a visa for India. Your salary slip and ID proof are mandatory. A national ID card or a recent electricity bill would suffice for the process. If you are working, then your salary slip is needed. If you are studying, then your ID card from the school or University must be attached.
- You will have to show that you are financially sound. You can attach your bank statement, which shows that the traveler has a sum of USD 150 in the travel account. Parents can endorse this amount for the children. Or you can attach a copy of an international credit card showing the same amount.
In conclusion, if a Malaysian citizen cannot fulfill the set guidelines, then the Indian visa can be rejected. If everything goes as planned, you will receive your electronic permission within three to four working days through Email. It is recommended to apply for the Indian visa at least eight days before the departure date.