Managing the deliveries is a crucial thing for service providers. What route do they take to ship the products? How many days does it take for national and international deliveries? Likewise, whether the customers and clients can track the product on its way or not? These are some of the questions that determine the performance of any shipping service provider.
With the help of online shipping and delivery tools, this has become too easy. While your product is on its way to the customer, you can track it. Thus, you will know where it actually is and can tell your customers. This reduces the risk of fraud. For example, without this online tool, you won’t know whether the customer has received the package or not. So he may ask you for a refund. But not with this.
So if you need a trustable freight service for your business, you can go with coastalcartage.com. They claim to ensure the safety of your products through safe loading and unloading. Furthermore, if you have to send heavy products, this is the best option. Be sure to visit their website and avail their services.
Through safe and secure freight service, you don’t have to worry about the safety of your products. Damaged products cause a great loss for the company. Therefore, this is their priority to ensure the safe delivery of fragile and bulky freight. In addition to this, they offer a GPS tracking option, so you can track the order anytime you want.
Other than tracking, online tools are of great help for both parties. Some of the benefits include;
1 – Online booking tool
Some companies offer online booking options and this is done through the specific tool for this function. This is one of the best management tools of shipment for account holders. Through this tool, you can get access to all the details related to a particular shipment.
Thus, it saves a lot of your time that you might spend searching for the details. Moreover, it also saves money, as you do not have to spend too much for getting the information. Therefore, it is suitable for both the customers and businesses. Because it can be configurable to the business needs.
To make use of this tool of any freight service provider, you had to have an identity. And you have to do registration to get that. However, this tool is not available in every freight service and in every country. So have to check the availability first.
2 – Multishipping tools
Some freight services also offer multi-shipping. This tool offers;
- Comprehensive control over the road shipments and this administrative control is possible 24/7.
- If your company is in a growing process, you will need small-level services at the beginning. However, they will grow with time. And this multi-shipping tool is completely scalable. Therefore, if your company is growing, it can adapt to your needs and requirements.
- In the multi-shipping tool, you have the option of doing online bookings. Moreover, you will also have the consolidation of your shipment. This will allow you to track the order and trace it anytime you want.
- You will get complete statistical reporting too.
3 – Active tracking tools
The most note-worthy tool in freight services is the tracking tool. With the help of this tool, both the customer and company can have;
- A complete scanning history. This includes all the dates and locations of the package from when it was collected and when delivered. This is quite helpful for both the customer and the company.
- All the necessary information is related to the shipment.
- Another interesting thing is that you will get a web link for direct shipments. This link is also for both parties, i.e. the customer and company.
- This tool also provides the status of transport and if the consignment is changed.
- You will also get a reliable and quick e-invoice.
4 – eBilling option
The option of eBilling changes everything. And this is especially a perfect option for the lockdown period. The risk of germ transfer will be reduced significantly. Furthermore, it is quite environmentally friendly as through the eBilling option, you will get rid of paper invoices. Instead of that, the customer will get the invoice electronically. So whether you want it or you want to send it to the customer, both options are available.
Some of the other benefits of eBilling include;
- It provides a streamlined process for administrative workers.
- It efficiently saves cost by reducing the need for manual preparation of documents. Thus, no worker for doing it and no purchase of paper and ink.
- This is one of the environmentally friendliest options for you, because of paperless work.
- It will significantly reduce the payment and billing cycle.
Apart from these online tools that are of great help and have innovated the shipping and delivery of products, there is shipping software too. Through the use of this software, businesses can streamline their deliveries to the customers in the most efficient possible way.
- These are more suitable for small businesses, as they provide them comparative rates of different shipments. Furthermore, you can edit the information in bulk. For example, a person made 5 different orders but you put the shipment address wrong. So if you need to change the shipment details of more orders, you can also do so with such software.
- In addition to this, just like document printing, you can print the information of bulk orders at once. This will enhance the administrative job of your business and reduces the workload.
- Besides tracking the orders, you will have the option of getting the notification of confirmation. So once the parcel is delivered, you will get the notification.
- And if there is a change of order or any error, such software allows you to get photographic evidence. This is of great help during order returns.