With the increasing number of harmful content generated by different YouTubers almost every day, it surely does raise a question if they are kids safe or not. There are many useful contents available on this platform as well; however, others are outright produced for adults and they are not kid-friendly.
If you are a parent of young kids, you already know how essential it is for you to keep an eye on your kids’ day-to-day activity to provide them with a safe and healthy environment to grow. Kids are smart these days, they are already aware of what is going on in every nook and corner of this world.
Since we are living in a highly technologically advanced society, it has become imperative for every parent to start thinking of ways that will let you control YouTube viewing of your kids. You would certainly not want them to watch hate videos, crime shows, content that contains violence, child suicide, and many other contents that can hamper a young mind.
For those who would like to make sure that their child is safe, you should rely on a #youtubemomitor that will let you keep an eye on what your child is watching on YouTube. There are apps that can let you take full control over what they watch. #parentalcontrol apps come with YouTube monitoring that will make it easier for you.
With the help of powerful parental control application, you will always get to know what your kids are up to. Some of the features that parental control apps like FamiSafe have are real-time location tracking, which will let you know where your kids are at, with the help of app blocking feature, you can block all the dangerous and unwanted apps, screen-time feature to lock your kid’s mobile phone when you would like them to sleep, play and study, and with web filtering option, you will also get to see what your kids are surfing on the internet.
Here are a few reasons why you should worry about #onlinesafety
- YouTube content contains a lot of none child-friendly content, for example, family violence, child suicide, dr** use, and pedo**ile jokes. These things need to be kept away from your child mainly because they are too young to understand these shows and that can have a negative impact on your child’s young brain.
- Even though there are many cartoon contents available on YouTube, there are a few that are too disturbing. Some of the cartoon content that you will find can include cartoon characters kissing each other and playing with knives, while others encourage revenge. These types of content can teach bad things to your naïve child. And may prompt them to attempt something that can have a devastating effect.
- Some of the content promotes bullying. Bullying is a serious issue, and one thing can lead to another. Bullying is one of the main reasons for suicide among young children.
What can parents do?
YouTube can’t stop YouTubers from uploading content that is not safe for younger kids. But as a parent, there are a few things that you can do which will keep your child safe. You can’t keep disliking a video that promotes hatred or is made for an adult to watch. But what you can do is communicating with your child.
- The first thing that you need to do is talk to your child about YouTube content and how some content can have a bad impact on them. Let them know that not every content available on YouTube is meant for them and explain the reasons why they shouldn’t be watching them.
- You can plan for a schedule where both you and your child can sit together and watch healthy and child-friendly content.
- You can take their mobile phones when they are not around and block those YouTube channels which you think are dangerous for viewing. Sometimes, you don’t even need to explain why you are doing that. Just block those channels before they get to check it out.
- Ask your kids to watch YouTube videos when you are around, and to watch them in an open area. This way, you will be able to see what they are up to.
- Finally, get a parental control application like #FamiSafe that will help you keep an eye on all the content that your kid is watching on YouTube. Parental control apps are great to analyze what they are up to.
YouTube Control Apps for Android and iOS
Applications like that are an extremely helpful parental control app that you can download. This application comes with many robust features that will allow you to keep an eye on your kid’s YouTube content. With the use of apps like the one mentioned, you will be able to check all the videos that your kids have already watched, you can block the videos or even the YouTube channels that you think can be harmful to your kids.
This app will let you detect inappropriate YouTube video titles, comments, descriptions, and you will also be able to search history as well. See what your child has subscribed too, liked, commented, and posted. You will receive keyword alerts automatically which will detect risky signs.
Asking your kid not to watch adult or inappropriate YouTube content might be a little difficult, primarily because at this age, they like to explore things, and they don’t know why you are stopping them from doing a few things. Since it is not easy for them to understand, what you can do is rely on robust parental control applications like FamiSafe that will let you protect your child from harmful YouTube content.