Moving is a time-consuming and overwhelming process, but it doesn’t have to be! You can make your move stress-free with just a few simple tips. Read on to learn how you can maximize your efficiency during your upcoming move and make it fast and easy!
Preparing for Your Move
When making a move, it can be hard to know where to start—but preparation is key. Before starting your move, take time to gather the supplies necessary to make the move go as smoothly and efficiently as possible.
This includes getting boxes, packing materials, and labels that will let you keep track of what is in each box and mark for which room in the new home. Additionally, work with reputable movers who are licensed and insured so you get the best possible service for your moving needs.
Choosing the Right Moving Company
Choosing a quality and reliable moving company can save you time and money in the moving process, as well as reduce stress. However, it can also be difficult to know where to begin.
Look up reviews online or ask people you know who have recently moved. Their firsthand experiences of their move will help you decide which company is right for you. Most reputable movers have their own storage units just like M25 Storage. This can help if you need to store the boxes for whatever reason. Most companies will also provide free, no-obligation estimates so that you can compare prices and services between different companies.
One of the most time-consuming and stressful tasks of any move is packing. To make it as stress-free as possible, having a solid plan in place is key. It’s important to begin packing as far in advance of your move as possible, allowing plenty of time to do a thorough job.
Begin with items that you won’t be using often in the days leading up to the move, such as out-of-season clothing or decorations. Moving items incrementally (as opposed to waiting until you have less than a week till moving day) can save time and help reduce last-minute stress.
Utilizing Moving Checklists
Organizing an efficient move is made much easier when you utilize a series of checklists. Start by creating a task list for the week leading up to your move and for the day of:
A Week Before Moving:
- Create an inventory of all items that will be packed and transported
- Notify utility companies of your move date, transfer service if needed
- Set up new utility services at the new home
- Begin packing – labeling all boxes with contents and the room they should go in
- Arrange a storage unit, if necessary
- Contact movers to confirm details and answer any questions
The Day Of Moving:
- Ensure that all doorways, walkways, hallways, and stairwells are free from obstacles/clutter
- Remove any remaining items from drawers and cabinets in the furniture
- Prepare cables or connections needed for appliances to be dismantled or reconnected (washers/dryers)
- Check off items on the inventory list as they’re loaded onto the truck or previously moved into storage
Moving is a stressful experience, but it doesn’t have to be. By following our tips for maximizing efficiency, you can make your move fast and stress-free. Get organized ahead of time by making an inventory list and packing as early as possible.
Ask friends and family to help out with the heavy lifting so that everything goes faster. Lastly, don’t forget to take breaks! Moving can be physically exhausting, so taking regular breaks will help you stay energized throughout the process. Good luck with your move!