Imagine a bus station that’s not your run-of-the-mill terminal but a modern transportation hub akin to an airport terminal. That’s what you’ll find at Terminal Bersepadu Selatan! TBS stands proudly as Kuala Lumpur’s primary bus terminal, thoughtfully located about 10 km south of the bustling city center to avoid traffic woes. Even more fantastic is its connectivity with Bandar Tasik Selatan (BTS) train station through a footbridge, creating a 24-hour integrated transportation hub.
Let’s take you on a journey to discover everything you need about TBS, from its modern facilities to its top-notch services. So, buckle up and get ready for the ultimate guide to TBS!
Levels at TBS
Step into Terminal Bersepadu Selatan (TBS) bus station, and you’ll find a well-organized building divided into six levels, each serving a distinct purpose:
- 1st and 2nd Floors – Departure and Arrival Platforms: These floors are exclusively reserved for buses, making boarding and alighting a breeze.
- 3rd Floor – Ticket Counter and Passenger Lobby: Head here to purchase your bus tickets from 59 staffed counters or 12 self-ticketing machines. Plus, it’s a great spot to wait for your bus. Need some retail therapy? You’ll find convenient shops here too!
- 4th Floor – Restaurants and Retail Shops: Hungry? Don’t worry, TBS has you covered with many restaurants and retail stores. Get ready for a delightful shopping experience.
- 5th and 6th Floors – Parking Area:For those arriving by car, TBS offers ample parking space on these floors, accommodating up to 1000 bays for public parking.
Travel Facilities & Services of Terminal Bersepadu Selatan (TBS)
The beauty of TBS lies in its traveler-friendly facilities and services. Let’s take a closer look at what you can expect:
- Ticket Service: Need a ticket? The 3rd-floor houses 59 staffed counters and 12 self-ticketing machines, making ticket purchasing a breeze. Online ticket holders can also collect their tickets here.
- Parking Space: If you’re arriving by car, fret not! TBS has plenty of parking space on the 5th and 6th floors, with around 1000 bays for public parking.
- Information Booth: For all your travel queries and more, visit the information booth, where you’ll find city guides, bus operator lists, and information about tourist attractions in Malaysia.
- Shopping: Love to shop? Explore the boutiques, pharmacies, and retail stores on the 4th floor, providing the perfect retail therapy for travelers.
- Eateries: Feeling hungry? The 4th floor is a food paradise with renowned eateries like KFC, Dunkin’ Donuts, Nasi Kandar, and more.
- Prayer Hall: TBS has prayer rooms on both the 3rd and 4th floors, ensuring you can attend your prayers during your journey.
- Post Office: Stay connected with loved ones using the post office services located on the 3rd floor.
- ATM Booth: Running low on cash? Several ATMs operated by different banks are at your service.
- Luggage Lockers: Secure your belongings in the luggage lockers on the 3rd floor, and don’t worry about carrying heavy bags around.
- Restrooms: Clean and comfortable restrooms are available for you to freshen up during your wait.
How to Get to Terminal Bersepadu Selatan (TBS) Bus Station?
Reaching TBS is a breeze, thanks to its excellent connectivity options:
By Car/Taxi: The fastest way to TBS is by driving or taking a taxi, taking approximately 12 to 15 minutes, depending on traffic. Plus, TBS offers ample parking space, so no worries there!
By Bus: Looking for a budget-friendly option? Take a city bus directly connecting Kuala Lumpur to TBS.
By Train: For ultimate convenience, take any BTS train (KTM Komuter, LRT, or KLIA Transit) to Bandar Tasik Selatan station and then walk to TBS via the footbridge.
How to Buy a Ticket from Terminal Bersepadu Selatan (TBS) Bus Station?
Purchasing a ticket at TBS is a hassle-free process. Head to the 3rd floor, where you’ll find modern and clean ticket counters with 59 staffed counters and 12 self-service machines. Regardless of your destination or preferred bus operator, you can buy tickets from any counter or self-ticketing machine. Just enter your travel details, choose from the displayed options, make the payment, and voila – you’re all set!
How to Purchase Terminal Bersepadu Selatan Online Tickets?
Avoid the long queues at the ticket counter by buying TBS tickets online. Platforms like redBus offer a user-friendly search function, allowing you to enter your destination and travel date. You’ll get multiple seat options, and the purchase process is quick and straightforward. Once you have the ticket, buy a QR Code Boarding Pass at RM 1 and enjoy fast check-in on the day of your bus journey.
Things to Do in and near Terminal Bersepadu Selatan (TBS)
While waiting for your journey, TBS and its surroundings offer exciting activities:
- Travel with Hop on Hop off Bus: Explore Kuala Lumpur’s attractions with a fun-filled Hop on Hop off bus tour, starting from BTS.
- Shopping: Indulge in some retail therapy at the boutiques and retail shops on the 4th floor of TBS.
- Dining: Satisfy your hunger pangs at popular eateries like KFC, Dunkin’ Donuts, Nasi Kandar, and more.
- Visit the Kuala Lumpur Tower: Witness breathtaking city views from the KL Tower, accessible via several buses from TBS.
- A Day Trip to Putrajaya: Enjoy a day trip to the nearby city of Putrajaya, offering numerous exciting activities and attractions.
With its modern facilities, top-notch services, and convenient connectivity, Terminal Bersepadu Selatan (TBS) is the ultimate choice for bus travel in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. Whether you’re a seasoned traveler or a first-timer, TBS ensures a smooth and enjoyable journey. So, pack your bags, hop on a bus, and let TBS take you on an unforgettable adventure! Safe travels!