Toast is a super speedy, fabulously scrumptious mini-meal that is ideal for breakfast and mid meals. With all of the fancy settings on a toaster nowadays, your bread can now practically toast itself with modern toasters providing settings that keep your toast warm, reheat it, defrost it and more.
If you are a bit of a creature of habit like we are, you like to keep things constant, and there is nothing better than a toast breakfast to fill you up in the morning and keep you going until the elevenses. But what if you find that your toast breakfasts are becoming a little mundane and you are stuck in a rut buying the same butter, jam or marmalade spreads in the supermarket that, let’s face it, are really not that exciting. Then it sounds like you need some exciting toast recipes to help jazz up your breakfasts!
This article has been crammed full of the very best toast recipes that will get you looking forward to breakfast again!
1. Fruitilicious Toaster Recipes
Are you looking to get some of your five a day in before you have even left the house? Then I am sure that the following fruit toast recipes will be right up your street. Try a combination of these recipes to really shake up your breakfast mornings. You could even try swapping one of the fruits out for one of your favorites! Make it your own!
- Bachoccy Toast. Here is a great way to enjoy something healthy on your toast with a fun little twist. Try smothering your toast in your favorite chocolate spread (ours is Nutella) and then top it with thin slices of a ripe banana. For extra flavor, add half a pinch of cinnamon to the top. Tasty!
- Strawberries and cream. Cover your toast with a thin layer of Philadelphia or any cream cheese and add a helping of sliced strawberries on top. If the strawberries are a little tart, there is nothing a teaspoon of honey cannot solve! (Hint, this recipe also works well with peaches!)
- Blue Toast. Add a couple of teaspoons of ricotta spread to your toast and then top it with juicy blueberries for an antioxidant full and vitamin enriching start to the day.
2. Sweet Tooth Toaster Recipes
Well, you can’t have fruit all the time. Here is a special list of sweet tooth toast recipes for the little ones, or for those who like a sweeter start to the day in order to remain alert throughout long and dreary Monday morning meetings. If you are in need of a boost, then I am sure you will love these toppings.
- ChocoNut Toast. If you love a combination of chocolate with nuts, then this recipe will be right up your street. Top your toast with your favorite chocolate spread and then sprinkle it with ground almonds or hazelnuts. If you are going for the real chocolate bar vibe, then you could also top it with a few raisins or sultanas to taste.
- Peanut Clutter Toast. Chunky or smooth? We love both! Add a generous layer of peanut butter to your toast and then top it with thin slices of banana. You could even try adding a couple of teaspoons of chocolate chips to the top of your toast to really enjoy a nutty medley.
- Fluff. There is nothing stickier and sweeter to top your toast than marshmallow fluff. It’s one of those one pot toast toppings that I am sure is sweet enough on its own!
3. Veggie Toast Recipes
How do you fancy a toast snack or two between meals? You will be glad to know that a couple of slices of veggie toast will get you through that 4 o’clock/5 o’clock stomach rumble time and tide you over until dinner. Veggie toppings are not only healthy but are a great way of keeping you fuller for longer. Take a look at some of them below.
- Mushroom Toast. Add shiitake mushrooms to a pan, half a clove of garlic and saute together for a few minutes. Butter your toast and then top with the mushrooms, adding parmesan cheese to the top should you fancy.
- Humming Hummus Toast. Spread your favorite hummus over bread and then top with thinly sliced tomatoes and grated carrots and feta cheese. A drizzle of extra virgin olive oil works a treat with this recipe!
4. Fried Toast Recipes
Fried toasts are a great option for cheat days and Sunday brunches. Are you looking for something quick and tasty to rustle together for the kids to enjoy when they get home from school? Then I am sure they will love tucking into the fried toast recipes mentioned below. Check them out.
- Egg and Cheese Toast. Cover your toast with a handful of cheddar or your favorite grated cheese and place it under the grill. Fry an egg and place it on top (sunnyside eggs work best here). Top it all off with a pinch of salt and a generous helping of freshly ground black pepper.
- French Toast Pizza Twist. Beat one egg and 4 tablespoons of milk into a cup and then use that to baste your bread. Fry the bread on both sides until the milk and egg have dried up and then top the bread with a handful of cheese and then tomato. A dash of oregano will only give it even more flavor.
- Carbaload Toast. Are you ready to carb it up? Then add some french fries to a bed of cheddar cheese on top of your toast and drizzle with your favorite condiments (ketchup, mayo, and mustard work great). You can even add a sprinkle of salt and pepper to taste.
All of these recipes are even easier with a quality toaster like one from this website.
We are taking the bland out of breakfast with these super fun toast recipes! Try them out and I am sure you will never go back to marmalade and jam spreads again! And don’t forget to make these recipes your own by adding your favorite fruits, your most prized cheese and some awesome condiments to the mix!