If you have ordered something from Amazon’s website, but something went wrong, for example, the delivery was not made, there are several things you can do in order to either get your money back or get the item you have purchased. The best thing you could do is actually use Amazon A-to-z Guarantee. You might be wondering what it is, so let’s take a look.
What is the Amazon A-to-z Guarantee?
– This will cover two things, the first one is the timely delivery of the item or items you ordered and the second one is the condition of the item you bought. If the condition is bad or if the item is quite late, the customer can report the problem to Amazon. Their team will determine if the customer is actually going to get the refund. This policy was implemented to protect the people who order from Amazon.
– Of course, for the people selling on Amazon, if they get too many A-to-z claims which are just like negative reviews, it might damage the quality of the seller account and it can also impact their ability to sell items. Also, if there are too many A-to-z claims, Amazon might choose to suspend or terminate the seller’s account.
Why do people choose to file this claim?
– Customers can file this claim if they have first contacted the seller and waited two days to get a response from the person in charge of the account. This actually provides an opportunity for them to resolve the problem without Amazon stepping in to help the whole process.
– When can you file an A-to-z claim:
- If the seller failed to deliver the item
- If the item was damaged, different or if the customer changed their mind about purchasing the product and has not been refunded
- If the customer is not happy with the quality and services provided by the seller
- If the customer was charged more money for the item they ordered
How does one file an A-to-z claim?
– In order to request a refund, you will need to:
- Go to Your Orders
- Locate the order and click Problem with order
- Select which problem you have from the list that will be provided
- Select Request refund
- Enter the comments in the text box
- Click submit
– Keep in mind that it might take up to one week for Amazon to investigate your submission. When the decision is made by Amazon, you will receive an email connected to your Amazon account.
– If it is taking them some time, you can check out 800 number in order to check how the process is going. You will have up to 90 days after the said delivery date to request a refund. Keep in mind that this guarantee does not and will not cover the purchase of digital items, stored value instruments, and payments for services.
– So, if you are not happy with the item you purchased, or if the item never arrived, there is a solution to that problem as well. It will take some time, but in the end, you will either get a new product from the seller or you will get a full refund for the item you bought.