Egypt aims to revive travel while facing COVID-19 and that is why, the Tourism Ministry has declared that Egypt is resuming flights on July 1st and there are many interesting offers for all flights, accommodations, visas, and tours to attract tourists to visit Egypt again and enjoy the best vacations ever.
Airports in Egypt are going to re-open in the beginning of July and start to welcome tourists who were kept away by the Coronavirus Pandemic and that has been declared on Sunday, Jun 14th. On the same day, the Ministry of Tourism & Antiquities has released a video that shows the most popular Egyptian destinations. So based on this, flights will resume between Egypt and the other countries who have reopened their airspace hoping that business will resume.
The country has halted all of its air traffic & shuttered archaeological sites, hotels, Nile Cruises, and museums since the last Match as a consequence of the spread of Coronavirus but the first step that has been taken to refresh tourism in Egypt is the reopening of three governorates that are famous for their beach resorts which are the Red Sea, Marsa Matruh, and South Sinai. Those three governorates were chosen since they are coastal ones and they are located far away from the main centers in addition to the fact that they have actually reported the lowest numbers of virus infections since the beginning of the pandemic.
The Egyptian Government has also declared that other historical sites will be reopened including the Giza Pyramids Complex, the Egyptian Museum in Cairo, and Karnak Temples Complex in Luxor progressively and it was mentioned that the government is not in a hurry but it wants to make sure that everyone’s life is secured and to keep Egypt’s reputation as one of the tiptop tourist destinations all around the world.
There are around 200 different hotels & resorts that have received permission to reopen for tourists after applying strict sanitary measures just like spacing our restaurant tables, keeping the cleanliness measures into the higher levels.
The minister of Tourism has also added to his declaration that any establishment that breaches the health regulations is going to have this authorization revoked to make sure that the entire establishments follow the rules put by the government and the health ministry to ensure that tourists will be in the best possible state while having their tours in the country. Check Egypt Tours Portal for more details about tours packages, holidays, and Nile cruises in Egypt.
Egypt is not the only country that is trying to get life back to normal after the social & economic distribution caused by such a pandemic but there are many governments around the world that are beginning to lift restrictions on movement and also trying to re-energize their idle & struggling economies. Egypt is really keen to reopen the tourism sector because of its great importance to the national economy. The country has had more than 13 million visitors in 2019 out of the tourism sector which is contributing about 15% of the foreign currency revenue in Egypt plus 12% of GDP.
Up till now, it is not very clear on how the activation package will impact on the travel and on the tourism sector as there could be other factors that may affect the situation but the Egyptian government will do its best to make it work and to be totally safe for the lives of the whole tourists.
Here are some of the major highlighted offers which were given by the Egyptian government:
- The government has canceled the tourist visa until Oct 31st
- There is a discount on every gallon of aviation fuel which is 10 cents per gallon.
- There will be a 50% discount on landing & boarding fees for the airliners.
- There will be a 20% discount on ground services for direct flights to the Red Sea, South Sinai, and Marsa Matruh until the 31st of October.
- Tourists will enjoy a 20% discount on the entry tickets of museums & historical sightseeing that will be under the supervision of the Supreme Council of Antiquities.
- There are other discounts for travelers who are going to come from EgyptAir and Cairo Cairo for fifteen days.
How to protect yourself from COVID-19 while traveling to Egypt?
- According to tripindicator.com always wash your hands with soap & running water for at least 20 seconds per time especially after being in a public place and touring around different sites or even after coughing, blowing your nose, or sneezing.
- If water & soap aren’t available, use a hand sanitizer that contains at least 70% of alcohol. Try to keep all surfaces you touch clean and never touch your face with your hands when you are in a public place so it is a very necessary thing to keep your hands away from your nose, mouth, or eyes in order to avoid Corona virus.
- If anyone close to you got sick, try your best to avoid him or her, and if it is possible for you, try to maintain at least 6 feet between you and sick people to be safe and secured.
- Don’t use other items and have your own items.
- You should always cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze and it is a necessary thing to wear a face mask whenever you are out touring any place in Egypt.
- You should throw used tissues in the trash and you definitely should wash your hands at least for 20 seconds with water & soap or with hand sanitizer with at least 70% alcohol.
- Try to clean frequently touched surfaces every day while being in Egypt including tables, light switches, handles, keyboards, doorknobs, phones, toilets, sinks, and faucets.
- Be alert for the virus symptoms and watch for fever, shortness of breath, cough, or the other symptoms of the virus and seek medical assistance immediately so that you follow the instructions of your doctor.
We hope that our article has given you all the information and details regarding tourism, keep continue with us to get the latest news and updates always.