Enamel pin collecting has been a popular hobby for many years and it continues to be so today. There is a wide range of pins to choose from and since they are quite small, they do not take a lot of space.
Before you decide to start collecting these pins, you should consider and choose what your favorite category is, for example, you can choose sports, music, movies, or even politics. In this article, you will be able to read about the categories of pins that you can collect, as well as some ways that you can display them. Let’s take a look:
- Sports category – if you choose to collect sports enamel pins, you can narrow it down a little bit to your favorite team or your favorite player. There is literally no end to the types of pins that can be collected in this category. You can even choose pins that represent your favorite recreational activity, such as bowling, fishing, or even kayaking.
- Entertainment category – another popular category for collecting is entertainment such as music, movies, and so on. In recent years, Disney enamel pins are quite popular, however, in recent months, the demand for Marvel pins are quite high. As the sports category, you can narrow it down to one entertainment category or choose one that represents a movie star or your favorite band.
- Political Party category – a lot of people enjoy collecting pins from their favorite political candidates and party. They also collect badges and buttons that they handout during campaigns.
- Events category – if you enjoy going to concerts or festivals, there are big chances that you will be able to buy pins that represent it. Hence, you can collect pins from various concerts and festivals that you attended.
How to Display the Enamel Pins
According to the experts from EnamelPins, there is a wide range of ways that you can display your pin collections. Let’s take a look at some ways:
- Wear the pins on your clothes – one way to show off your collection is to pin them to your cap or hat. This is especially popular for people who love sports since they often wear it when they go to watch a game. Other people love pinning them on their jackets, jerseys, vests, purses, and shirts. Since they are pins, you can mount them on just about anything that you want.
- Create a scrapbook – yet another way to display the pins is to mount them in a notebook or scrapbook. If you are planning on using a notebook, you should choose a loose-leaf binder that has a zipper or a fastener. And, instead of using paper, use sheets of dark felt or craft foam which will allow you to securely mount them on the pages.
- Bulletin board – this is a good choice if you have a lot of pins in your collection since you will be able to fit a lot of them on the bulletin board. It will also make a nice decoration since your collection can be easily viewed by anyone that comes into the room. You can cover the board with black velvet if you want it to have a lovely background that will truly bring out their beauty.
If you are already a pin collector, you might know that it can be difficult to avoid scratching the pins. However, if that happens, a little car wax can help smooth the surface over. So, the next time you are looking to take up a new hobby, you might want to consider pin collecting. It is inexpensive, fun, and there are so many categories to choose from that you will never get bored of them. Also, one of the best things about these pins is that they can be customized. Hence, you can even make pins with your very own art!